Wheel refinishing

Discussion of tips for vehicle detailing and repair
JML
Vehicle: 2013 Volvo S60 R-Design
Instagram: @

May 8th, 2016, 11:04 am

Does anyone know of a reputable high-quality shop in the area for alloy wheel refinishing? There's a guy who goes around to various dealers in the area to do this work, but he won't redo a wheel that he previously touched-up.

Thanks.
2013 Volvo S60 R-Design

shaneculgan
Vehicle: 2016 Audi S3
Instagram: @audipittsburgh

August 3rd, 2016, 7:06 pm

I'm also in need of some help in this area. Just curbed one of my Black Optics rims on my S3 today :oops: :( :cry: . It's not awful, but it's beyond what I'm willing to try fixing myself, and it's not covered under the wheel & tire protection plan I bought through Audi, unfortunately.

Hubcap Heaven in Penn Hills said they could refinish the whole wheel for $189, but I'm worried about the refinish matching OEM considering they strip, lathe, and repaint the whole wheel. It also takes about three days, and I don't have another set of rims to throw on it for three days.

That being said, maybe you should look to them JML. I may end up not having no choice but to go that route, but I too am look for something simpler than that if possible.

Any help from the community would be appreciated here.

Porschekid
President
Vehicle: Porsche 911 Turbo & Ariel Atom
Instagram: @porschekid

August 3rd, 2016, 8:03 pm

I believe that Totally Baked Powdercoating in Freedom, PA does refinishing... might be worth reaching out: http://totallybakedpc.com/

They powdercoated the calipers and HRE wheels on my Porsche and did a flawless job.
2006 Ariel Atom
2002 Porsche 911 Turbo

Make sure to check out our quality sponsors to fill your automotive, personal, and business needs: Club Sponsors

shaneculgan
Vehicle: 2016 Audi S3
Instagram: @audipittsburgh

August 11th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Hey, JLM:

I just had my curbed wheel touched up on Tuesday by a guy named Keith Holsing. He does work at a lot of the different dealerships in the Pittsburgh area. He did mine down by Mercedes Benz of Pittsburgh in Bloomfield, but he also goes to South Hills Audi, Rahal BMW, and a few others. Mine was pretty small, so he originally quoted me $75 and only ended up charging $50. Here's his info:

(412) 352-5082

I'm really happy with the work he did on my wheel. You might want to give him a call/text.

Tozovac
Vehicle: 1993 NSX

August 15th, 2017, 12:47 pm

I would like to have my steel rims on my 2012 Tacoma cleaned up and repainted - nothing fancy and nothing concours, just remove some of the surface rust and re-spray & clearcoat for a cleaner look. Curious if anyone has used anyone with success, to recommend. Thanks.

• Information